Wire and Cable Regional Study: India
This report was published in 2011 is superseded by our more current
Wire & Cable Data Service
|Click here for the most up-to-date data >>|
India has seen a sharp increase in overseas investment and technology transfer, in what is seen as a market with great untapped potential.
Historically the larger, Government-controlled producers dominated the market. However with the increased demand in the industrial sector, companies no longer have to rely on Government projects and there has been a significant level of investment.
There are now more than 450 significant producers in India and the market is expected to reach US$5.8 billion in 2010.
Our Regional Study: India is the most in-depth, detailed report ever to be published for the Indian Cable sector – with full profiles of the top producers which include: company analysis, overview and structure, raw materials usage, production and capacity by product, and company financials.
We also provide production shares for the top 50 producers, as well as information on plant and product mix for the leading 200 cablemakers.
Highlights of the report include:
- Profiles of the top producers, their product mix, market share , raw materials usage and financials
- Production shares for the top 50 cablemakers in India
- Breakdown of plant and product mix for the leading 200 cablemakers
- Plus a 5-year forecast of wire and cable consumption, production and trade in India
The study addresses issues such as:
- Who are currently the most interesting companies in India?
- How is investment in sectors such as power cable being reflected in a range of other industries?
- How effective is capacity and is it efficient?
- What is good capacity and what is not?
- What investment or expansion projects are planned?