The Chinese Urea Industry – 2016 Edition
The Chinese urea industry is arguably the most pivotal market in the nitrogen business, impacting international urea prices and trade. It is also the least well understood – and bridging this knowledge gap is crucial for strategy development for major international players within the urea industry.
Widely diverse geographical factors, energy efficiency, age, ownership, profitability, fuel and feedstock inputs as well as realised prices all have a considerable impact on the Chinese urea industry. In addition, recent changes to export tariff rules in China, which have traditionally insulated international urea markets and prices, have resulted in a growing need for insightful, independent analysis of this dynamic market.
- Where is new investment needed in China and will any capacity close?
- Which Chinese producers will become major players in international markets, and how much will China export with or without export tariffs in the future?
- What are the feedstock, production costs and trade outlook for the Chinese market?
Integer’s new Focus Report The Chinese Urea Industry – 2016 Edition: addressing the global impact answers these questions and delivers an essential, timely analysis of the Chinese urea market. Unique to this report are expert cost curves using top down and bottom up analysis of the key urea operations in China. These are derived from Integer’s extensive database of production, cost and financial performance for each key producer of ammonia and urea in the country.
Our dedicated team of independent analysts explore the structure, financial and cost position of Chinese urea producers, tracking their performance at a company and plant level. We identify what their feedstock costs are, whether they are energy-integrated or not, and examine the consolidation of the industry and future trends.
Use this unrivalled Integer Focus Report to:
- Track the development of and outlook for the urea industry in China
- Understand the industry’s costs of production and export potential based on the Chinese urea cost curve
- Gain insight into government export policy and possible future export scenarios
- Discover what producers are most likely to approach export markets and why
- Track likely future supply developments with forecasts to 2020