The primary objective of this service is to provide in-depth analysis of the global ammonium sulphate market. We provide insight on AS supply, demand and pricing broken down by region/country and AS grade.
The starting point to determine AS grade is the production technology and source. We have divided AS production into the following technologies:
- Caprolactam (CPL)
- Coke oven gas (COG)
- Ni-PAL and metals
- Methyl methacrylate (MMA)
- Cyanuric Acid
- Acrylonitrile (ACN)
Depending on the production process, as well as further processing, the final grade of the product can vary. We differentiate between the following grades:
- Low grade: All AS from COG, MMA and gypsum. We have also included compacted material from these sources as it is likely to cake or crumble, and overall quality is not as good as compacted AS from standard grade
- Standard grade: Small crystals of white or yellowish colour with low to no impurities from CPL, synthetic, emissions, Ni-Pal and metals, ACN and cyanuric acid
- Compacted AS: Standard grade AS compacted with a compaction unit
- Large crystals: Crystals above 2mm mostly from CPL but equally from synthetic, Ni-Pal and metals and COG
- Genuine granular: Round, robust and resistant to crumbling AS granules above 2mm obtained through granulation process
Speaking to a wide group of market players has been at the core of our research. Supply, demand and pricing data by grade is not available in the public domain – we have obtained this information by speaking to producers, traders and consumers in each region.
Based on our primary research we break out capacity by grade for each company. We analyse consumption patterns for each region and determine the use of AS in direct application, NPK compounds and NPK blends. We also provide analysis of premiums by grade by region based on our knowledge obtained through speaking to different producers and traders.