U.S. and Canadian bulk DEF prices rise for the second consecutive monthPosted On: 28-02-2014 By: Jon Raeside
U.S. and Canadian bulk DEF prices rise for the second consecutive month after declining steadily over the second half of 2013, says the newly released February issue of DEF Tracker.
Other news from DEF Tracker includes:
- In the U.S., bulk DEF average prices increased in February 2014 compared with the previous month, with the national average increasing by three cents to $1.57/G for FTL deliveries and by five cents to $1.89/G for LTL deliveries
- Canadian bulk DEF prices increased in February 2014 for the third consecutive month, with the average price for FTL, LTL deliveries and tote refills reaching CA$0.48/L, CA$0.58/L and CA$0.61/L, respectively
- Detroit, MI posted the lowest average prices for all delivery modes, while the highest average prices were found in Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ and Salt Lake City, UT
- The national DEF truck stop average price slightly increased by one cent to $2.80/G in the U.S. In Canada, prices have remained unchanged at CA$0.80/L on average since October 2011
- DEF Tracker covers 21 regional hubs in the U.S. (Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Oklahoma City, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; St. Louis, MO and Tampa, FL) and three hubs in Canada (Calgary, AB; Montreal, QC; and Toronto, ON)
How can DEF Tracker help you?
DEF Tracker is the only monthly DEF price referencing service for North America. Subscribers benefit from a more in-depth understanding of how DEF prices are developing in particular areas. They can then benchmark purchasing/selling prices against the market and make informed and effective business decisions.