U.S. and Canadian bulk DEF prices continued to follow an upward trajectory in March 2014Posted On: 27-03-2014 By: Jon Raeside
U.S. and Canadian bulk DEF prices continued to follow an upward trajectory in March 2014, even though feedstock prices declined slightly.
The March issue of DEF Tracker has now been published, other news from this issue includes:
- U.S. bulk DEF average prices increased in March 2014 compared with the previous month, with the national average up by four cents to $1.61/G and $1.93/G for FTL and LTL deliveries respectively, and increasing five cents to $1.99/G for tote refill deliveries.
- Canadian tote refill DEF prices increased by three cents in March 2014 to CA$ 0.64/L, while bulk DEF prices showed some stability (one cent up for FTL and one cent down for LTL deliveries).
- Atlanta, GA and Cincinnati, OH posted the lowest average bulk DEF prices, while Denver, CO and Phoenix, AZ posted the highest average prices among all MSAs covered.
- The national DEF truck stop average price remained at $2.80/G in the U.S and at CA$ 0.80/L in Canada.
- DEF Tracker covers 21 regional hubs in the U.S. (Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Oklahoma City, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; St. Louis, MO and Tampa, FL) and three hubs in Canada (Calgary, AB; Montreal, QC; and Toronto, ON).
How can DEF Tracker help you?
DEF Tracker is the only monthly DEF price referencing service for North America and Canada. Subscribers benefit from a more in-depth understanding of how DEF prices are developing in particular areas. They can then benchmark purchasing/selling prices against the market and make informed and effective business decisions.