Background to the initiative
Demand for nitrogen fertilizer is growing along with the global population and world economy. The ECA nitrogen industry, as a key supplier to the global nitrogen chemicals market, is well placed to take advantage of this growth, but also faces growing pressures to do so on a more sustainable and resource efficient basis. Rising energy and other input costs, ageing production capacity, increased environmental regulations, plus growth in new capacity in other regions where energy prices are becoming more competitive, are all exerting pressure on the competitiveness of ECA producers.
Resource efficiency is however one determinant of plant profitability that is under the control of producers, and significant scope still exists to control costs by improving resource efficiency in ECA. In order to enable producers to improve their resource efficiency, the benchmarking initiative analyses the resource efficiency of producers, and presents operational improvements that can enable efficiency gains, cost savings, and emissions abatement.
- Sulphur Market Webinar: Developments, China & short-term outlook
- Acquisition of Integer Research by Argus Media
- Free Download – Integer’s phosphate market paper.. Brazil: The phosphate market dynamo
- Global Wire & Cable Market Update Webinar – 31 October 2018
- Nitrogen Market Webinar available to watch now… Global Urea Supply & Demand Balance