This service was launched in October 2011, in response to requests from the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) industry, to provide monthly updates on DEF price movements. DEF Tracker is the only, independent, Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) price reference service for the North American market.
TRACK YOUR MARKET WITH ACCURATE DATA
Every month we will give you:
- DEF prices – price data in key formats
- Trends and key figures – including over 64 references
- Emerging benchmarks – new price hubs added regularly
- Market intelligence – commentary and analysis
- Supply network – latest DEF pump investments
All delivered direct to your email inbox every month.`
NEWS FROM ISSUE 17 (MARCH 13)
- Bulk DEF prices largely held between February and March 2013 (this includes full truck load and less than full truck load bulk deliveries, and tote refills).
- The lack of volatility in DEF pump pricing continued into March, with the U.S. average remaining at $2.79/G for the fourth consecutive month and the Canadian at CA$0.80/L.
- The number of truck stops adding bulk DEF facilities was the lowest since late November 2011, with just 16 locations coming online over the last four weeks. Historically the expansion of the network has been lower in the first quarter of the year.
- Christopher Goodfellow, North America emissions analyst at Integer Research, publisher of DEF Tracker, said: “Agricultural use of urea has been lower than expected in March and this has led to lower than expected pricing. Urea is the key component in the manufacture of DEF and stability in raw material costs has had a direct impact on end-user pricing.”
- DEF Tracker added price references for Atlanta, GA, this issue. The publication now covers 15 regional hubs: Houston, TX, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Cincinnati, OH, Chicago, IL, Tampa, FL, Baltimore, MD, Charlotte, NC, Salt Lake City, UT, Memphis, TN, Portland, OR, Toronto, ON, Montreal, QC, Calgary, AB.