Largely driven by legislation, the AdBlue/DEF market has undergone many challenges over the last few years, from quality and production issues to supply and technology, and all this through a period of deep recession.
However, good progress has been made and this relatively new market has begun to offer significant financial opportunities for producers, distributors, suppliers and retailers in Europe and North America.
As the leading supplier of research, data and consultancy to the AdBlue/DEF market, Integer produces a quarterly publication which analyses and tracks prices, supply, demand and market developments, to give subscribers a greater insight into the past, present and future opportunities for AdBlue/DEF.
Find out more: AdBlue & DEF Monitor brochure 2012
News from issue 24 (February 2014)
- Cautious optimism on European economies in early Q1 2014 leads to talk of increasingly stable AdBlue markets and pricing after several quarters of weakening benchmarks
- Europe’s average IBC prices drop one cent from Euro0.31/L to Euro 0.30/L during Q4 2013 on strong competition in some regions and on lower urea prices
- North American SCR-equipped vehicle parc hit 1 million units in December 2013, boosting DEF consumption by 54% year-on-year
- North American bulk DEF prices weakened again during Q4 2013, while pump prices stayed stable at $2.79/G and CA$0.80/L in the US and Canada respectively
- ARLA 32 20L Jug prices for Sao Paulo continue to weaken as competition intensifies in this fast developing market