Integer Research has announced the launch of its 1st Wire & Cable conference, taking place on 27 – 28 November in Shanghai, China.
Wire & Cable Asia 2012 will bring together senior executives of leading cable makers from Asia and beyond. It will discuss and assess strategy plans for sustainable growth in the face of fast growing demand from emerging Asian markets and markets for new types of power transmission, fibre optic cable and speciality cable.
Wire & Cable market developments in China
Whilst the global cable market saw one of its largest absolute declines for more than 30 years in 2009 , the growth levels of the Chinese cable market have been impressive by historic standards. China is currently in the capital intensive phase of its development. As a result, its wire and cable industry is now the largest in the world in terms of production and demand, surpassing the USA (followed by Japan) since 2003. Today, the Chinese cable market is twice the size of the US market.
However, there are signs that the economic growth and development of the coastal provinces in China are starting to slow, and that the high levels of fixed investment growth are starting to decelerate in pace. This could mean that the many cablemakers located in China in the wire and power cable sectors will face tougher competition, and will be forced to upgrade their operations to become more efficient.
Power consumption in Q1 2012 hit 1.17 trillion kWh, up by 6.8% year-on-year, according to a report released by the China Electricity Council (CEC) in late April 2012. Because of this, it is likely that China will face blackouts this summer – “the shortage will hit about 30 gigawatts (GW) during summer peak days and may expand to 40 GW if heat waves persist.” the CEC warned.
About the conference
Wire & Cable Asia 2012 will identify key wire & cable market developments and business opportunities in the region to help Asia based cable makers determine their R & D and investment plans. New technologies and materials will also be discussed and assessed in order to help cable makers improve their manufacturing capabilities, and sourcing and marketing strategies.
Topics that will be discussed:
- An overview of key market trends and demand forecasts in global and Asian wire and cable markets
- Development of new energy cable markets and power systems in China
- Innovative R & D upgrades to meet the growing demand for specialty cables in China and Asia
- Copper substitution and price volatility and minimizing price risk exposure in the global wire and cable industry
- Business opportunities and challenges in Asian fibre optic cable markets
- Latest material applications for advanced wire & cable products
- “Green cable” development in Japan and worldwide
- Environmental and quality control issues in the Asia wire & cable industry
Further information can be found on the conference website here
If you are keen to participate in Wire & Cable Asia 2012 as a speaker, sponsor or delegate, please contact Astrid Tsai, Conference Manager – email astrid.tsai@integer -research.com or call +44 20 7503 1265